The Official Who’s Next 2.0 Judging Criteria is as follows:
- Livability: Has the design entry met the needs, requirements, and desires represented in the Contest Profile for which the entry has been designed.
- Affordability: Could the design be built for the targeted budget range of $220,000 to $410,000. It is understood that all entries are only schematic designs, and best efforts will be made by the Jury to interpret design intent and establish reasonable estimates on cost.
- Clarity: Does the entry have clear, concise, and appropriate description text with each image that explains how the entry (and a given representation) is addressing a given Contest Profile, or General Contest requirement.
- Buildability: Could this house actually be built. Please remember that this competition is looking to help change the residential design landscape. If you cannot build a home, then you cannot create real change.
- Representation: Different architects work in different ways. Some emphasize photo realistic renderings while others focus on perfecting traditional architectural drawings. We think that all types of representation are great, but we are specifically looking for entries that show high quality representation, and create strong entry identities.